Recipe by Malriah
My variation of a "Build your Own Pasta Dish" concoction that I made up at the Macaroni Grill. Mine tastes better!!
Top Review by Geema
I had to run and get my grandbaby's bib, because I was drooling like her when I read this recipe. Kari, you have combined some classic ingredients and then added cream to make it perfectly heavenly. The red pepper flakes really add a taste tingling dimension that I just love. While nothing needs to be added, I'll bet some chicken breast pieces sauteed into the mix would be delicious too.
- 453.59 g bow tie pasta
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, pressed
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 177.44 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml basil, chopped (firmly packed)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, sliced
- 118.29 ml asiago cheese
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml reserved pasta water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Bowties according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and roasted peppers.
- Cook for 3 minutes; stir in red pepper flakes.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and asiago cheese.
- Allow to simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in basil and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss with bowties.
- Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to make it saucier.