My variation of a "Build your Own Pasta Dish" concoction that I made up at the Macaroni Grill. Mine tastes better!!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped (firmly packed)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Cook Bowties according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and roasted peppers.
- Cook for 3 minutes; stir in red pepper flakes.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and asiago cheese.
- Allow to simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in basil and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss with bowties.
- Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to make it saucier.