My variation of a "Build your Own Pasta Dish" concoction that I made up at the Macaroni Grill. Mine tastes better!!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped (firmly packed)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Cook Bowties according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and roasted peppers.
- Cook for 3 minutes; stir in red pepper flakes.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and asiago cheese.
- Allow to simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in basil and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss with bowties.
- Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to make it saucier.
I had to run and get my grandbaby's bib, because I was drooling like her when I read this recipe. Kari, you have combined some classic ingredients and then added cream to make it perfectly heavenly. The red pepper flakes really add a taste tingling dimension that I just love. While nothing needs to be added, I'll bet some chicken breast pieces sauteed into the mix would be delicious too.
Excellent recipe~~flavors combined wonderfully. So glad you posted to reserve the one cup of pasta water because it was really needed to loosen it up. Will make again. Malriah, not trying to rag on you, I've had this issue for a while but it really am for front in this recipe. NEWBIES BEWARE~~please don't be confused when you see 10 minutes prep time indicated in this recipe. Unless you just happen to have 4 cloves of garlic pressed, 1/2 cut of onions already chopped, 3/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped, 1/2 cut basil chopped, green onions already sliced, artichoke hearts already sliced~~~10 MINUTES PREP time is not going to happen. Please look at this wonderful recipe way prior to making it. After you have your ingredients, chop and prepare. Have all of your ingredient lined up because putting the recipe together is very quick. Good Luck, it's wonderful!
Delicious! I made a few adjustments - didn't add the sundried tomatoes or pasta water, and used fat-free half & half, but it was still very, very tasty. I love the smokey flavor of the roasted red peppers.