A simple but great tasting pasta dish.
Make and share this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce With Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin, skinned & diced
- 125 g sun-dried tomato paste or 125 g sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cream
- black pepper
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook fettucine according to pkt directions.
- Wile fettucine is cooking heat oil & cook bacon & onion together for 2-3 mins until onions are softened. Add pumpkin & cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, chicken stcok & cream. Place a lid on the pan & simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, or until pumpkin is soft & sauce has thickened.
- Season with black pepper & serve sauce over pasta garnished with pine nuts, basil & parmesan.