Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple but great tasting pasta dish.
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin, skinned & diced
- 125 g sun-dried tomato paste or 125 g sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cream
- black pepper
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook fettucine according to pkt directions.
- Wile fettucine is cooking heat oil & cook bacon & onion together for 2-3 mins until onions are softened. Add pumpkin & cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, chicken stcok & cream. Place a lid on the pan & simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, or until pumpkin is soft & sauce has thickened.
- Season with black pepper & serve sauce over pasta garnished with pine nuts, basil & parmesan.
FABULOUS! Used 15 ounce can of canned pumpkin instead of fresh & fresh rosemary instead of basil. Also used penne pasta - sauce was very thick so added more cream. Took to a pre-Thanksgiving fried turkey trial/football game in my slow cooker on warm. Less than 1/2 a cup left! Keeper recipe! Will be using again & again this fall & winter. TY Mandy!
Yum!! I used leggo's sun dried tomato pesto, with great results! I cooked the bacon seperately and added it at the end so my daughter could have hers vegetarian. it was great...even the leftovers cold which I had for breakfast this morning :) adding a little diced chicken would also be fab if like me you have a big meat eater in your family. Use the optional paremesan & fresh basil as it really makes it! Thanks for sharing, mandy.
We really enjoyed this recipe! I used pesto rather than the tomato paste and, although the flavor was fantastic, the combination of green and orange turned the dish rather brown. Next time, I'll try the tomato paste. Thanks for a great recipe!