Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a slow cooker recipe from "Family Circle" magazine.
- 8 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut into 1/4 in half-moons
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- Place the onions, carrots, corn, broth, vinegar, and herbes de Provence in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Stir in the zucchini and chickpeas; cover and cook about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream, cornstarch, about 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; add to slow cooker and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with cheese, with rice, if desired.
this is good but I added 1 can chicken broth, used summer squash instead of zucchini and heavy cream.