4 hrs 10 mins
This is a slow cooker recipe from "Family Circle" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1/2 lb zucchini, cut into 1/4 in half-moons
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- 1Place the onions, carrots, corn, broth, vinegar, and herbes de Provence in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- 2Stir in the zucchini and chickpeas; cover and cook about 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream, cornstarch, about 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; add to slow cooker and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 4Serve, sprinkled with cheese, with rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Summer Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence