Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is really good to make when those summer squash are pouring in -- fresh veggies from the garden, mmm! Simple and delicious, perfect for a vegetarian main dish or a side dish for carnivores.
- Melt 4 T. butter in heated skillet.
- Wash squash, slice into medallions, and sauté lightly in butter.
- Combine next three ingredients in large bowl, stir in squash, and place in greased baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and sauté two handfuls of breadcrumbs until butter is absorbed; sprinkle over squash mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 min, or until crisp and bubbling.
Fabulous. I substituted olive oil for the butter and added finely chopped red bell pepper. Great way to use all those yellow, zucchini and pattypan squash.