Recipe by jovigirl
A nice twist to the basic succotash recipe. Found in Family Circle.
Top Review by jafro45
This is a wonderful dish and it all started out with "What is succotash?" So like always I started at this web site. This is now a family fovorite, I had to make copies of this recipe after dinner because everyone wanted it. My advice print out several copies and just be ready to hand them out.
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lima beans according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, add butter and bacon.
- Cook over medium-high heat until bacon starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and green pepper and cook 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, broth, salt, pepper and cooked lima beans; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream, tomatoes and parsley and heat through.