Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this using leftovers from what I made my boyfriend for dinner. You can adjust the amounts for more servings.
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice (save the juice)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white rice
- salt and pepper
- -Saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil in tender and translucent.
- -In a small sauce pot, heat and stir the mushroom soup, milk on medium.
- -Add the sauteed vegetables, tomatoes/water, seasonings and rice.
- -Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minute, stirring occasionally.
- -Serve with assorted crackers or garlic bread.
- -Note: Meat can be added to this recipe, if you wish.