Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so yummy. I love making this when the strawberries are in season. My family asks for this every spring.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 450.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, milk and eggs; beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Melt butter in medium ovenproof momstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Tilt skillet to coat bottom with melted butter.
- Immediately pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450 for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, orange peel and 2 T. powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spoon jelly into small microwave safe bowl; cover with microwave safe plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds or until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove pancake from oven; pancake will collapse.
- Immedietely spoon ricotta cheese mixture over pancake.
- Top with strawberries; drizzle with melted jelly.
- Sprinkle remaining T powdered sugar over top.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Made & reviewed for Kid Friendly Recipe Tag! Every Sunday I make pancakes for the family - it's tradition.......yesterday, we tried these & were very impressed. We decided that this pancake is a cross between a regular pancake french toast - delicious! This pancake recipe will definitely be on rotation :)
Made this for breakfast today. I used whole wheat flour and it still turned out great. I also topped it with Sauteed Strawberries With a Twist by RecipeReader. I loved how it puffed up, and the edges were a little crispy. Very yummy!