Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Because I'm a kid at heart. :D I bought Strawberry Nesquik to make Pink Pillows and decided I should look for, as well as come up with my own, recipes involving Nesquik. I was in the mood for a strawberry overload
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- canola oil, for frying
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Wash and slice the strawberries. I wouldn't recommend using a food processor- just slice by hand. You might need a little more than 1 pound to use up all the batter.
- Mix the cottage cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Mix in the strawberries and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Make the batter by first mixing the Nesquik and milk together until fully blended. Then add the flour and meld it completely.
- Take globs of the strawberry mixture by hand (or use a tablespoon) and roll in the batter until completely coated, dripping off any excess.
- When all the fritters have been prepared, let them sit for a couple minutes so the batter can dry out a bit.
- Lightly fry in canola or vegetable oil until slightly singed. Blot on paper towels, and dust with powdered sugar. Yields about 15 fritters.