Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This angel food cake is really delicious and so low in calories. The recipe calls for strawberries, but you can substitute raspberries or any type of berries you like!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen fat-free whipped topping or 1 (8 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 round angel food cake (10 inch diameter)
- additional berries, if desired
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- Fold 1 pint of strawberries and half of the whipped topping into the gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Split cake horizontally to make 3 layers.
- Fill layers with gelatin mixture.
- Spoon or pipe remaining whipped topping onto top of cake.
- Garnish with extra berries.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
this is absolutely delicious and so low in calories so you can eat it without feeling guilty. Perfect for weight watchers...only 4 points