Recipe by BrendaM
This angel food cake is really delicious and so low in calories. The recipe calls for strawberries, but you can substitute raspberries or any type of berries you like!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen fat-free whipped topping or 1 (8 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 round angel food cake (10 inch diameter)
- additional berries, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- Fold 1 pint of strawberries and half of the whipped topping into the gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Split cake horizontally to make 3 layers.
- Fill layers with gelatin mixture.
- Spoon or pipe remaining whipped topping onto top of cake.
- Garnish with extra berries.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.