Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are our favorite crepes, perfect for Christmas morning.
Make and share this Creamy Strawberry Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- additional butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, water, butter and salt. Add flour, beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in non stick skillet, melt 1 tsp butter, pour 2 tbsps of batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom.
- Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack the crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of berries and whipped cream. Spoon about 1/3 cup filing down the center of 15 crepes; roll up. Garnish with the remaining berries. Freeze remaining crepes for another use.
I made these for a Sunday special at work.....and I have to say that all of my customers that ordered it just LOVED it!!! fantastic recipe!! the filling is to die for...light with a wonderful hint of lemon and sweetness without being overpowering. thank you for sharing!!!!