Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh strawberries just can't be beat. This makes an easy and refreshing summertime dessert for a dinner party or a barbeque.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (low cal should be ok)
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or 6 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled
- brown sugar
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Beat cream until stiff.
- Fold in sour cream, liqueur or OJ concentrate.
- Place berries in individual bowls.
- Spoon cream mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and garnish with mint.
OHHHHHHHHHHH Tebo!!! Wonderfunnnn Summer dessert!! I used no fat sour cream (but contradicting myself, had real whipped cream!) and Grand Marnier(sp?) liqueur,picked the strawberries in the morning and used fresh mint from my new herb garden. Simple and scrumptious combination of flavours!!! This is a "must have again" dessert.
This dessert was Nectar of the Gods. It is peak strawberry season here in Australia so will have to take advantage of this recipe while I can. Definite winner.
A case of YUM YUM all round - I made as parfait and layered the strawberries and cream mix (I did use thickened cream instead of whipped and fresh orange juice [about 3 tablespoons) and we all thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Tebo, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.