Recipe by BecR
Here's our family favorite simple macaroni and cheese! Yummy creamy goodness and an easy one pan dish made quick and simple on the stovetop; score! Almost identical to the recipe on the Velveeta box. We like ours sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese, at the table. Yummy add-ins are: veggies (Fordhook limas are my favorite and DH likes extra pepper and cottage cheese in his), some leftover ham, a can of tuna, or even some sliced hotdogs. Be as creative as you like! Perfect for those busy week-night dinners. Enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3⁄4 lb kraft Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cook on low heat until Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese, at the table.
- Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each.
- Some good add-ins are: frozen veggies (Fordhook limas or mixed veggies--add frozen veggies to the boiling water and cook them before adding the macaroni), leftover cubed ham, sliced hotdogs, canned tuna, or boneless/skinless canned salmon for a quick and easy one-pot comfort meal.