Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You could make this using all milk but it will not be as creamy. For coconut rice pudding, use one 400-ml can good quality coconut milk and 3/4 cup milk. This complete recipe may easily be doubled, adjust the amount of sugar to suit taste, if you are planning to serve this rice pudding cold then add in another 1/4 cup milk, to serve warm make as stated.
Top Review by beckyjacobs54
I made this for company and everyone really enjoyed it. I think next time I will add cardamon in place of the nutmeg and cinnamon next time, as it is awesome in RIce Pudding. Great recipe that I will be using again and again!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup 18% table cream (or use 1 cup half and half cream)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (or use 1 cinnamon stick, can use both!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked short-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (to taste) (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons white sugar (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add in milk, cream, cinnamon and the nutmeg (if using) bring to a simmer, sirring constantly.
- Add in rice and raisins then mix in sugar (start with 2 tablespoons adding in more to taste).
- Reduce the heat to the LOWEST setting and simmer uncovered on top of the stove for about 1 hour or until desired consistency, stirring very frequently.
- This will thicken up even more upon standing.
- Serve warm.