Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A dish to warm the cockles of your heart. Easy to make (apart from peeling the squash grr!) its cheap and tasty as well. I like a Korma curry paste best of all in this dish.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons curry paste, your choice of flavour
- 250 ml low-fat coconut milk
- 400 g spaghetti squash or 400 g butternut squash, peeled and chunked
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 150 g whole unsalted cashews
- 400 g Baby Spinach
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil and fry curry paste until it starts to caramelize.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add squash, courgettes and cashews and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and lime juice and cook for another minute.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander.
- Goes well with rice, chapattis, naan and poppadums.