1/1 Photo of Creamy Split Pea Soup
11 hrs 5 mins
This is a thick, delicious vegetarian soup. Enjoy it on a cold night. You can use squash instead of sweet potatoes if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried split peas, sorted and rinsed (1 pound)
- 6 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup half-and-half (or milk for a lighter version)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 1Mix peas, water, sherry sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, and salt in a 4 quart crockpot.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 10-11 hours until vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in spinach, half and half, and dill.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 5Season with pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 916.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g