1/1 Photo of Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
Gourmet Magazine gets the credit for this easy but impressive salmon recipe. Use the best quality cheese you can find for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 (7 ounce) salmon fillets, with skin (each about 1 inch thick)
- olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups fresh breadcrumbs, from french bread with crust
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Squeeze spinach completely dry.
- 2Place in small bowl and mix in cream cheese, mascarpone, and ground nutmeg.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut one 3/4-inch-deep, 2 1/2-inch-long slit down center of top side of each salmon fillet, forming pocket for spinach mixture.
- 5Fill each slit with spinach mixture, dividing equally among salmon fillets.
- 6(Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.) Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 7Brush rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- 8Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- 9Mix breadcrumbs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese in medium bowl.
- 10Top each salmon fillet with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 11Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- 12Bake salmon until opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
- 13Transfer to plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.1
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 560.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen chopped spinach