Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled &,chopped
- 3 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, tightly packed
- black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup enoki mushrooms, trimmed optional
- Place onion in a large pot with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook and stir until onion softens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 5 cups of water, potatoes, zucchini, and soy saue.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add spinach and pepper.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree soup in batches in blender.
- Return to pan.
- Add mushrooms if desired.
- Heat gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I add garlic to give it a kick. However, I didn't add zucchini but it still taste quite good.