Recipe by LilPinkieJ
This is so good on a cold drizzly day like today. Warm and smooth, nice and creamy.
Top Review by nemokitty
We enjoyed this one. I used 2% milk and 10 oz. spinach. Didn't have scallions so I used some diced yellow onion. Loved that it's lower in fat. Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 oz)
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine spinach, potato, scallions, garlic, diluted broth, pepper, and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer solids to a food processor or blender, and process to a smooth puree.
- Return puree to saucepan. Stir in milk and butter, and warm soup over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.