Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a family friend. I haven't made it yet but it sounds different!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup creamy French dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, blend sour cream, dressing, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, orange slices, cucumber and cheese.
- Pour sour cream mixture over greens and toss.
Marlene...I was so excited to make this that I forgot to tear up the spinach. Didn't matter one bit though...it was awesome! I love the dressing for this salad. I skipped the salt but other than that I followed the recipe perfectly. Thanks so much for posting!! :)
This is a terrific, light refreshing salad. I used Trader Joe's creamy Italian dressing with light sour cream and it was terrific. This is a keeper. Thanks!!
This is simply a delightful salad! You really cannot get any easier to prepare. I used Vermont French dressing and this mixed with the sour cream was wonderful. I believe a few nuts, ie, cashews or peanuts would be good sprinkled on this, however it is a keeper just as is! Prepared in participation with Pick a Chef November 2004! Thanks Marlene1964!