Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make as an appetizer with skewered, grilled blackened or cajun shrimp or as side dish.
Make and share this Creamy Spinach Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock, reserve 1/4 cup for spinach
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup blend mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in deep pot and sauté onion and garlic until translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add Arborio to pot and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add wine to rice and sauté until nearly dry, then mix in spices.
- Add ¼ - ½ cup of stock at a time to rice stirring often until it evaporates and repeat steps until stock is gone.
- During Step 4, in a separate smaller pot, bring ¼ cup of stock to a simmer, add spinach and cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly while covered.
- Put cream into a food processor, add spinach mix including juice, and process until smooth.
- When risotto is nearly done, add spinach mixture and mix well. Simmer until risotto evaporates to a creamy consistency.
- Add cheese, mix, and serve.
This was fabulous with the adjustments I made: - doubled the garlic and all the spices - did not cook and puree the spinach. Simply added in the cream, then the fresh spinach, stirred to barely cook the spinach and added the cheese - sprinkled fresh lemon juice on top - pine nuts would also make a good topper
I forgot to review this wonderful recipe. I once made it for a special occasion together with a flavorful salmon dish and it was great! I will try this again for sure!