Make as an appetizer with skewered, grilled blackened or cajun shrimp or as side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock, reserve 1/4 cup for spinach
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 cup blend mozzarella cheese or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup asiago cheese or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt butter in deep pot and sauté onion and garlic until translucent – about 5 minutes.
- 2Add Arborio to pot and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add wine to rice and sauté until nearly dry, then mix in spices.
- 4Add ¼ - ½ cup of stock at a time to rice stirring often until it evaporates and repeat steps until stock is gone.
- 5During Step 4, in a separate smaller pot, bring ¼ cup of stock to a simmer, add spinach and cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly while covered.
- 6Put cream into a food processor, add spinach mix including juice, and process until smooth.
- 7When risotto is nearly done, add spinach mixture and mix well. Simmer until risotto evaporates to a creamy consistency.
- 8Add cheese, mix, and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 182.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: