Recipe by LtlPhyl #2
I came across this delightful cheese-filled ravioli and vegetable recipe one day while browsing through one of my daughter-in-law's new cookbooks and just had to try it. The family declared it a keeper. Prep and cooking times are approximate. I hope you might like it too. :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, in sauce thawed
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mushrooms. Chop onion. Dice bell pepper.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, and return to pot. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic and black pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender all all liquid is absorbed.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and evaporated milk. Stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in creamed spinach. Simmer over low heat 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour vegetable mixture over ravioli; stir gently. Serve immediately.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- COOK'S TIP: The cooking time for fresh pasta is shorter than for dried pasta so follow the package directions carefully.