Recipe by abigail977
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe could not be simpler or more satisfying. Perfect for a cold evening, this soup is comfort food at its best.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (24 ounce) Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen creamed spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- garlic-flavored croutons (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in a large pot. Add potatoes and garlic powder and heat over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until simmering and slightly thickened.
- Remove frozen spinach from pouch, add to potatoes. Cover pot and simmer 8-10 minutes, whisking occasionally, until blended and spinach is heated through. (If soup is too thick you can thin with hot water.
- Pour into serving bowl; garnish with croutons. Enjoy!