Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a great healthy Choice meal from "Saltscapes" -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup penne rigate, whole wheat, raw
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 300 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar, 19% MF, shredded
- 1In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender, but firm; drain.
- 2As pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoons oil in a skillet. Add chicken and sauté 3-4 minutes or until almost cooked. Add red and orange peppers and spinach; sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Stir in lemon juice. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- 4In the same pot used for pasta, heat remaining oil (2 tsp.) over medium heat; blend in flour. Add garlic, milk and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until blended.
- 6Add pasta, chicken and vegetables to sauce; stir until combined.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g