Recipe by Lorac
A lovely change from the usual tomato sauce. It's even better when topped off with nicely browned fresh mushrooms!
Top Review by sbc1023
Great for a quick meal. I used fresh spinach from the weekly CSA share--about 2 good handfuls, torn up and chopped up 2 shallots that went in with the garlic. Vermouth instead of white wine as that's what I use--it doesn't go bad once you open like wine does. Used 4 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese wedges instead of cream cheese, and fat free milk, not evaporated. Added in a few shakes of salt and pepper and tossed with whole wheat fettuccini.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in butter over very low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, add spinach and reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add milk, increase heat to medium high and stir until sauce is smooth and heated through.
- Remove from heat, add Parmesan and stir until cheese melts.
- Serve over hot, drained pasta.