1/2 Photos of Creamy Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
This is a very rich, very tasty lasagna for when you're feeling like indulging. An "oh my goodness" with much rolling of eyes and moaning with pleasure kind of lasagna. :) You might want to serve it in smallish pieces so that people can eat it, love it, and still have room for seconds. I wanted a rich lasagna when I created the recipe, and that's how it came out - I'm very pleased with it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb jarlsberg cheese or 1 lb provolone cheese or 1 lb havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/4 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain, rinse immediately with cold water and then drain again; toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add the green onions, shallots, and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the drained, chopped spinach, white pepper, and salt, stir well and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer the mushroom/spinach mixture to a bowl and set aside (do not rinse out this pan - we're going to use it again in the upcoming steps).
- 7Over medium heat melt the remaining butter in the previously-used saucepan; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly to keep it from browning.
- 8Gradually add the chicken or vegetable broth, cream, and vermouth; cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 9As soon as sauce begins to boil, remove it from the heat and season with thyme and basil.
- 10Combine the shredded cheeses together until well mixed.
- 11Butter, oil, or lightly spray the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 12Pour the half-and-half into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 13Lay 4 cooked noodles in a single layer in the pan.
- 14Layer with 1/3 each of the mushroom/spinach mixture and shredded cheeses, then coat with 1/3 of the sauce.
- 15Repeat the process twice, ending with the sauce.
- 16Sprinkle with grated Parmesan (if using).
- 17Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer.
- 18Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- 19Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.7
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.7 mg
- Sodium 639.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.5 g