CHEF GRPA's Note:
Did half fat free sour cream and half heavy cream for the sauce. We could probably go lower fat still and maintain great taste. Also, if you warm the tortillas briefly on a fry pan, they become more pliable and less likely to break. Cabbage salad was a good side for it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed or 1 cup canned corn
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 48 inches corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced or 4 cups red cabbage
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pepitas (roasted hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Heat oven to 400* F. In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, corn, 1 cup of the Cheddar, and 1 can of the chilies. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, the remaining can of chilies, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Dividing evenly, roll up the spinach mixture in the tortillas (about 1/3 cup per tortilla). Place seam-side down in a shallow baking dish. Top with the cream sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the cabbage and scallions with the pepitas, oil, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas.
- 4Tip"s: The enchiladas can be assembled (but not baked) up to 12 hours in advance; refrigerate, covered. Increase the covered cooking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.4
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g