Recipe by Caroline@UMD
Serve with raw vegetables, your favorite crackers or sourdough bread slices.
Top Review by Reeces Pieces
This is the same recipe my manager brings to potlucks. We all love it. It's very onion-y, so if you don't want it to be as strong, you could always try just half a pack of the onion soup mix and add a little more at a time until you get it how you like it. We love it as is, though.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and whipping cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on High until the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
- Add the spinach, soup mix and hot sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Cover; cook on High for 30 minutes.
- Shortly before serving, add the green onions and lemon juice and mix thoroughly again.