Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe from The Stone House, a Bed and Breakfast in Chester, Ill. (By the way, Chester is the home of Pop-Eye the Sailor, so you'd better eat your spinach!)
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- parmesan cheese
- Mix together spinach, cream cheese, sour cream and soup.
- Pour mixture into and oven-proof casserole.
- Sprinkle liberally with parmesan cheese (or you could substitute buttered bread crumbs).
- Bake@ 350 F for 30-45 minutes.
I love creamed spinach. My family just looks at me in disgust, but I don't care. This recipe was so easy and very yummy. I used cream of chicken soup. Very rich and so creamy, just like you would expect, but sooo easy to make. Thanks papergoddess.
I LOVE spinich prepared in any way. But this is just unbelievable! I used the cream of mushroom soup and it was a good combiantion of flavor! I plan to make this for the holidays!
This is just YUMMMMMMY!! Liked this and will be making it again.Thank You for a great way to fix spinach!! Very creamy and rich tasting.