Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I clipped this out of a Woman's World magazine and made it for the first time last night and it's just too good!!!!!!
- 12 ounces campanelle pasta (bell flower shaped)
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (12 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (low fat ok)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as tobasco
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,halved
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain; return to pot; reserve.
- In lge bowl at med speed beat cream cheese& sour cream until smooth; reduce speed to low; add milk, salt, garlic pwdr and hot sauce.
- Beat until combined, 30 sec; stir in 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, artichokes and spinach.
- Pour over pasta; toss to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into 6 cup shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining swiss cheese& parm cheese.
- Bake until heated thru, 10 minutes.
- If desired, to brown cheese broil 1 minute.
This is a great, one-pan, meatless meal. I used cavatappi pasta and fresh garlic. I also added freshly-ground nutmeg and some roasted red pepper (my palate likes a lot of spice, so for me it was a tad bland without), and baked it for 30 minutes. I used nonfat sour cream, and smaller amounts of the various cheeses (an 8-oz package neufchatel cream cheese, 3 oz reduced-fat swiss cheese, and 1 oz freshly-grated hard parmesan). Nevertheless, the taste was rich and flavorful, one I'll prepare again. Thanks for posting!
Added cooked, diced chicken to this and made it a main dish...excellent. Had to cook it a little longer than specified, 30 minutes. BF requested the leftovers for dinner tonight!!
Holy moley!!! Just had to try this one. I made it for dinner tonight. Everyone love love LOVED IT! I followed the recipe exact, except I added more garlic powder. Pretty inexpensive and makes quite a bit. This is definitely a keeper. Thank you so much for this amazing recipe.