Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (19 ounce) packagefrozen cheese-filled egg tortellini (or use refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) packagegreen giant frozen spinach, thawed,undrained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain: cover to keep warm Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, toamto, basil, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in whipping cream and cheese.
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cooked tortellini.
- Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- If desired, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.