Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely dip to be served at all of the seasonal parties coming up - delicious!!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups fresh spinach, stemmed
- 1 cup watercress leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, preferably Greek
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat ot medium-low, add garlic and cook stirring occasionally, until onion ad garlic are very soft and golden, about 20 minutes. Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Purée mixture in a food processor until smooth. Add watercress, avocado, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and hot sauce, and salt and season with pepper. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Stir the dip, and serve with Crudités.