Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a tasty and quick way to make creamed spinach. You can use fresh spinach too.
- 2 cups shredded frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook the spinach as per the instructions on the pack.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for one and a half minutes.
- Stir and serve.
This was fast and super yummy! My hubby and I ate all of it, and wished I'd made a larger portion! I think next time, I'll use 1/2 tsp of the lemon juice. Also, I did add garlic and nutmeg, and think it's a keeper.
This is a delicious spinach recipe..I had a packet of frozen spinach sitting in the freezer for weeks and I kept thinking...I have to use that! Well this was the perfect recipe to try...delicious, thanks for sharing.