Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great side to a simple roast.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach, washed and trimmed
- 2⁄3 cup minced onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup bechamel sauce
- 4 tablespoons sultana raisins, plumped in hot water for 10 minutes (optional)
- 1 pinch tarragon
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook spinach for 5 minutes or until it is tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Squeeze well and chop coarsely.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter over moderately-high heat for 7 minutes, or until golden.
- Add spinach and saute, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in béchamel sauce, raisins, a pinch of tarragon and pepper and salt to taste and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.