Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Food Network (Angie Ketterman). I'm posting for nutritional counts.
Make and share this Creamy Spicy Corn Chowder With Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat cook bacon until crispy and all fat has rendered out. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- To fat remaining in the pan, add onion, jalapeno, potato, red pepper, corn, thyme and garlic salt.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, puree half the mixture and add back to the pan.
- Add milk, chicken broth, and chicken and let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, until steamy.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with bacon, cilantro, and a lime wedge.