Recipe by Kendra*
This recipe is from Food Network (Angie Ketterman). I'm posting for nutritional counts.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat cook bacon until crispy and all fat has rendered out. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- To fat remaining in the pan, add onion, jalapeno, potato, red pepper, corn, thyme and garlic salt.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, puree half the mixture and add back to the pan.
- Add milk, chicken broth, and chicken and let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, until steamy.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with bacon, cilantro, and a lime wedge.