Recipe by MadzMom
This is the hit of any party I bring it to. Not your average artichoke dip! Your guests will love it!(*Can be made 1 day ahead and stored in fridge.)
Top Review by GotsaLuvMe
I have made this three times in a month, now. I use all low / no fat cream cheese and mozzerella cheese, and I just use one large can of artichoke hearts (not marinated in oil -- or 1 can + one jar of the marinated ones if making for company. I used low fat cream cheese and sour cream. The one way I disguise the low fat nature of this is to add a package of dry veggie soup mix (or your fave), and usually I add spinach that I've briefly steamed. It's one point on Weight Wacher's if made this way. LOVE to keep on hand to spread on a pita or roll into a slice of ham with a fist full of spinach leaves. YUM!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsley chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 6 6 inch pita bread rounds, each cut into 6 triangles
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Fold in artichokes, mozzarella, green onions and jalapeno.
- Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pita triangles in single layer on baking sheet.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven& keep the oven on.
- Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.