Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the hit of any party I bring it to. Not your average artichoke dip! Your guests will love it!(*Can be made 1 day ahead and stored in fridge.)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsley chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 6 6 inch pita bread rounds, each cut into 6 triangles
- olive oil
- Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Fold in artichokes, mozzarella, green onions and jalapeno.
- Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pita triangles in single layer on baking sheet.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven& keep the oven on.
- Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I have made this three times in a month, now. I use all low / no fat cream cheese and mozzerella cheese, and I just use one large can of artichoke hearts (not marinated in oil -- or 1 can + one jar of the marinated ones if making for company. I used low fat cream cheese and sour cream. The one way I disguise the low fat nature of this is to add a package of dry veggie soup mix (or your fave), and usually I add spinach that I've briefly steamed. It's one point on Weight Wacher's if made this way. LOVE to keep on hand to spread on a pita or roll into a slice of ham with a fist full of spinach leaves. YUM!
This was a huge hit at a brunch we hosted on Memorial Day. Since one guest is allergic to everything in the scallion family, I used red onion instead of green. It tasted great and added a little color. The only other deviation was using 2 whole jalapenos since we enjoy spicy foods. The pita chips were the perfect dippers. Thanks for sharing this fantastic version of a classic!
Very good! I had this recipe for a while and decided to do it for a family gathering. It was tangy and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and made the pita triangles to accompany it. All here loved it. I was sorry that I'd halved it instead of the full recipe. Thanks!