Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From eagle brand foods. :) Enjoy.
- 177.44 ml unsweetened instant tea
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1497.61 ml water
- In large saucepan, combine tea, orange peel and spices. Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- Over medium heat, slowly stir in water. Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Tip: May be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
I drank this much too fast. I feel so cheap and used. Made for Best of 2010.
This was a nice easy recipe for a chai-like drink. It had a nice spice flavor. I used a spice combinaton that also included ground ginger, and it added something more to the flavor. It was a bit sweet for my tastes, so next time I mght add more liquid, pehaps a little regular milk or cream or use a little less of the condensed milk. To make it extra special, I might serve it next time with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon! I made this for Spring PAC 2010. Thanks Sarah!