Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
In cold weather, this is where "indulgent" and "nourishing" meet. Wonderful for breakfast, a snack, or even a healthy dessert! (Adapted from a recipe by Jennifer of "The Vegan Lunchbox".)
- Stir together in a microwave-safe dish the first 5 ingredients.
- Microwave 1-1/2 min., just until hot- time will vary by machine of course.
- Stir in the nut butter until well- combined.
- Adjust the spices and sugar if desired. Serve immediately.
- Here's a yummy variation: Soak a tablespoon or two of raisins overnight in the juice; when preparing dish, add raisins and a few sprinkles of pumpkin pie spices such as ginger and allspice.
- Please note, as well, that you can use any type of winter squash for this. I love it with sweet butternut squash especially. Jennifer's original used sweet potato- also wonderful!
This is such a tasty and pretty healthy treat. I made half of this recipe for dessert tonight with left over cooked pumpkin and used nutella for the butter and used splenda sugar and a tad more orange juice. If you want a super sweet treat this is not for you, but if you really enjoy the taste of pumpkin then this is your dish.