Recipe by The Messy Chef
I like on a good New York strip steak, thinly sliced and drizzled over the top, but would work well for chicken or pork. I add an Absolute Peppar to it, but I'm sure you could make without, adding crushed black pepper instead.
- 4 slices bacon (thick)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 1 orange, juice of, squeezed
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 dashes chili powder
- 1⁄3 shallot, diced
- 3 dashes red pepper flakes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 -4 dashes ground black pepper (grinds)
- 1 ounce absolute peppar vodka (ingredient and amount optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon strips in large frying/ saute pan cook over medium heat to desired crispness and remove bacon.
- Pour in vodka, garlic and shallots. stir with a wooden spoon, before it browns, pour in orange juice. allow to begin to cook down.
- add in red pepper flakes, chili powder, Tabasco, beef bouillon, ground pepper and stir.
- Add heavy cream and orange zest, simmer.
- Chop bacon and add to sauce along with butter, stir and remove from heat.
- Let stand 2 minutes stir, drizzle over thinly sliced New York steak.