1/2 Photos of Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup (Low Fat and Vegan)
This soup is was inspired by a mushroom soup I had at an upscale Indian restaurant here in London. I love mushrooms and I really liked how the soup was spiced rather than spicy. That is just how I like spices to be used as I am a heat wimp when it comes to spices. So, I went home and tried to recreate the recipe in my own kitchen and I think I got pretty close. This is low fat and vegan friendly as potatoes are used as the 'creamy' eliminate rather than dairy. Of course, if you are okay with dairy a nice dollop of sour cream drizzled over the top of this when serving would certainly be nice too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in big pan and then add the onion and cook softly for about 5 minutes to allow the onions to soften.
- 2Add the garam masala and ground cilantro and stir into the onions.
- 3Add the potato and carrots and just allow to heat through for 1 minute.
- 4Add the mushrooms and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- 6Add the fresh cilantro and either transfer to a blender and blitz under smooth or use a hand held stick blender to whizz it up right there in the pan.
- 7Return to the heat and add any salt if you think it is needed (I didn't need it) and just heat through again to serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spiced Mushroom Soup (Low Fat and Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: