Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
An especially good pasta and veggie mix. Creamy goodness!
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In lg skillet, saute broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots in oil until crisp-tender.
- Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to pkg directions.
- In another saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter for 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour, boullion and thyme.
- Slowly add milk, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses.
- Add vegetables; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with vegetable mixture.
A simple, yet elegant spaghetti dish. I'm always trying to fit more vegetables into my diet, and this is a tasty way to do that. Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor this recipe is quick and easy for a busy weekday.
fantastic recipe - thank you - I have just been diagnosed with an allergy to tomatoes and was really missing my spaghetti meals. Tried this sauce out today. Made enough for four so froze half of the mixture (minus the pasta of course). Thank you again. SuszyQ
I used half and half (needed to use it up) for half of the milk amount. I also doubled the recipe which worked out well and it made a ton! My teen boys thought it was great and took leftovers in their thermos for lunch today. It thickened up a lot in the fridge so I just added a little milk to make it creamy again when I heated it up. Thanks MizzNezz!