Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My own creation... Makes a main dish for one person or a side dish for two.
- 4 ounces spaghetti (or other pasta of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon
- 2 ounces cream cheese or 2 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to directions adding peas to cooking pasta during last four minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- While pasta is cooking, fry chopped onion, garlic and bacon pieces in olive oil over medium heat until onion is translucent. (If using fresh bacon make sure it is cooked before adding onion and garlic).
- Add cream cheese and milk to onion, garlic and bacon mixture and stir until creamy and bubbling. Remove from heat. Add red pepper flakes.
- Stir in pasta and peas.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese if you like.
Linguini Carbonara is one of my favorate things to order when going to nice Itallian Restaurants. This recipe is a nice way to enjoy that restraunt favorate at home. I used wheat pasta, light cream cheese, and pre-cooked real bacon bits and although it does not taste as fattening/savory as the version I enjoy in the restraunt I loved it just as much. Thank you for posting this recipe.