This is an extreme veggie dish, one of the best squash recipes I have made so far, there is tons of flavor in this dish.. if you don't have all the veggies that are called for in this recipe, just leave them out, but please don't leave out the zucchini, spaghetti squash, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and garlic! This complete recipe is made on top of the stove, except for baking the squash. Bake the spaghetti squash well in advance before making this dish, after that is is mostly chopping. This is well worth the effort to make it is delicious! Although the recipe does not call for this, I sprinkled some mozzeralla cheese on top just before serving instead of the Parmesan, but that of coarse is up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 large spaghetti squash, baked and seeds removed
- 1 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3/4 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen peas (do not defrost)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped use only whipping cream not half and half)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (not chopped)
- 7 green onions, chopped (can use more or less)
- 15 cherry tomatoes (can use more)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1In a large frypan, melt butter.
- 2Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until soft (do not brown).
- 3Add cauliflower, peas and sliced zucchini; stir to combine.
- 4Add in cream, chicken stock, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, and simmer until the juice evaporates a bit (about 3 minutes).
- 5Add in sliced red bell pepper, green onions, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese; combine well and heat thoroughly.
- 6Using a fork, scrape the strands of squash into a large shallow baking dish or a large serving plate.
- 7Top immediately with the veggie mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spaghetti Squash Vegetable Parmesan Saute
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.7
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 629.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 15.5 g