Recipe by Sharon123
I went to a Pampered Chef party where this was served. Many people asked for the recipe! Update: I have revised this recipe due to people having trouble with the instructions. I hope this makes it easier to follow.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup green onions with top, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated, divided (3/4 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese (or use cottage cheese)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (4 oz.)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- parsley, chopped to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Save out 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Mix together green onions, garlic,chopped parsley, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, butter(if using), salt, Italian seasoning, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Mix cheese/egg mixture with cooked spaghetti and place on the bottom of a shallow casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix spaghetti sauce with tomatoes. Pour over spaghetti mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese that was set aside.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After pulling out of oven, garnish pie with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- Pie will feel firm to the touch. Enjoy!