Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went to a Pampered Chef party where this was served. Many people asked for the recipe! Update: I have revised this recipe due to people having trouble with the instructions. I hope this makes it easier to follow.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup green onions with top, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated, divided (3/4 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese (or use cottage cheese)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (4 oz.)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- parsley, chopped to garnish
- Save out 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Mix together green onions, garlic,chopped parsley, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, butter(if using), salt, Italian seasoning, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Mix cheese/egg mixture with cooked spaghetti and place on the bottom of a shallow casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix spaghetti sauce with tomatoes. Pour over spaghetti mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese that was set aside.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After pulling out of oven, garnish pie with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- Pie will feel firm to the touch. Enjoy!
This was very good. I used cheddar cheese as that's what I had and dried parsley flakes. Nice flavor and easy to make. Thank you.
This was so great, even after I forgot to add the garlic. I was amazed at the flavor from such a simple recipe. I used non-fat cottage cheese in place of the ricotta, did not include the butter, and forgot the garlic as I mentioned. It was delicious. We had trouble not eating it all in one sitting. It did come out a little runny, as others mentioned, and I think next time I make it (which will be soon) I will drain the tomatoes before adding them to decrease the liquid. Thanks for a terrific, and terrifically easy, recipe.
Delicious. My first time making spaghetti pie. Like others I added some veggies including sauteed kale and black olives. I also used fresh tomatoes. Will make this one again. Thanks!