Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe from the book, Joyce Lamont's Favorite Minnesota Recipes & Radio Memories.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef with onion and mushrooms in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off excess fat and add tomato sauce, paste, flour, salt, Italian seasoning and toamto juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in boiling water.
- Drain and combine in large bowl with sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion and olives.
- Place the spaghetti mixture in 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with ground beef mixture then top with Mozzarella and Romano cheeses. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheeses are melted and begin to brown.
This was fantastic! Made it for dinner tonight and it was just ~gobbled~ up. I made one difference though, instead of putting the noodles on the bottom, I put them ontop :) like a cottage pie! except the noodles instead of mashed potato! hehe. It was wonderful :) Thank you for the fantastic recipe.
I made this and it was wonderful! Even the left overs are good. :)