Recipe Junkie's Note:
This is a recipe from the book, Joyce Lamont's Favorite Minnesota Recipes & Radio Memories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 3Meanwhile, cook ground beef with onion and mushrooms in large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Drain off excess fat and add tomato sauce, paste, flour, salt, Italian seasoning and toamto juice.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- 6Cook spaghetti according to package directions in boiling water.
- 7Drain and combine in large bowl with sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion and olives.
- 8Place the spaghetti mixture in 2 quart baking dish.
- 9Top with ground beef mixture then top with Mozzarella and Romano cheeses. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheeses are melted and begin to brown.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spaghetti Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 1028.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning