Recipe by MizzNezz
A ling time favotite in my family. Been doing this one for about 30 years!
Top Review by Jazze22
This was very tasty and easy to make. My guys didn't even notice it was meatless until they finished it. I used a 9x13 pan. I also used a 12 0z package of spaghetti, it was the smallest you can buy here and a 26 oz bottle of spaghetti sauce. It turns out to be 2 3/4 cups of sauce. Didn't want to waste the rest of the bottle. The monterey jack cheese was a nice touch. Thanks.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in butter.
- Add spaghetti, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Put into a greased shallow casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Spread with remaining cup sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes more.