Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was seeking a bolder flavor flavor of bacon without increasing the amount of bacon in the recipe. I also wanted a creamy rich sauce without altering the traditional ingredients. The trick was infusing the spaghetti with the bacon flavor using the Fond and whipping the egg whites to increase the body and creaminess of the sauce.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, drain fat and pat bacon dry.
- Add water to frying pan to deglaze and remove Fond. Add this to your spaghetti cooking water.
- Cook Spaghetti to Al Dente in salted bacon water.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Separate egg whites and whip until stiff.
- Add bacon, cheese and broken egg yolks to whipped egg whites.
- Add a little spaghetti water to temper eggs and gently stir to mix.
- Add spaghetti toss and top with flat leaf parsley.