Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I couldn't find a spaghetti and ham pie on zaar. This came from Southernfood.com.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter with oil, saute mushrooms until tender.
- Add green onions and ham, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in flour, gradually add broth and milk.
- Add cheese,stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine with spaghetti and pour into a lightly buttered deep dish pie plate or casserole.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325*.
Good use of leftover ham. Added garlic, cayene and zuchinni when I sauted the vegies. Doubled the sauce ingredients. This turned into a nice warm dinner. Thank you for posting Dorel.
This was five stars for sure....great way to use up some ham....I added frozen peas to it and used half and half instead of milk....wonderful fast easy casserole
We enjoyed this. I think I would throw in some peas next time. I skipped the oil, wasn't necessary. I used chicken bouillon for the broth. It was very tasty.