Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a perfect potato salad to go with things like grilled fish tacos, steak fajitos, or maybe cumin-rubbed chicken. The lime juice plays a perfect role in the recipe, as does the cilantro with the buttermilk rounding everything out. This is a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, more if needed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, more if needed
- 2 lbs small white-skinned potatoes (such as White rose)
- 1 cup corn kernel, cooked (from a middle sized ear)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped (such as Maui, or Vidalia)
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, each cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted. peeled, chopped
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, limd juice, cumin and cayenne in medium bowl to blend.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; cool.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large bowl; add corn, onion, heartw of palm, tomatoes, and cilantro. Drizzle dressing over potato mixture; toss to coat. Season generously with salt.
- (Note: can be made 4 hours ahead.).
- Gently stir in avocado and serve.